Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I've Got Stuff to Carry

I've gone and bought a murse. No, not a male nurse. A man purse.

Sometimes I just need to carry more stuff than will fit in my pockets. Not often. Just those times when I'm out on an urban day trip or out for a day at the poker room. Then I need to carry my meds, Altoids, glasses, sunglasses, pen, notebook, maybe a book if I have time to kill, maybe a bottle of water, maybe a snack. (I have blood sugar issues.)

I got it at Eddie Bauer. It's about 9x6x4 inches. It's close in size and design to the canvas kit bag my dad was issued in WWII. I wish he still had it. It would be so cool to use it.

I looked online to see what was out there and this one from Eddie Bauer fit the bill. I went to the store to check it out and while I was looking in the compartments and convincing myself it was a very manly bag a nice older woman came over to help me. I told her I wanted something to carry stuff that wouldn't fit in my pockets like a paperback and my glasses.

She said, "You need a murse."

Well, that comment told me that the bag I was holding was definitely not a murse and was therefore very manly indeed.

I said, "I'll take this one."

The tag calls it a Small Guide Bag. That sounds about right. The Web site calls it the Expedition Small Bag. Yep, you bet. I will make an expedition to the Fallsview poker room on Friday to try it out.

No comments: